Maltese Passport Application Form for Renewals:
See also in Maltese Language
Maltese Passport is a Travel document issued to the Citizens of Malta, which facilitates the holder International travel. Maltese Passport is issued only to the Citizens of Malta, which confirms the Identity & Nationality of the holder.
Maltese Passport is Biometric, which contains holders Finger Prints, Photo & SignatureSponsored Links
For renewing the existing Maltese Passport, Applicants must apply in person.
- Citizens of Malta who are living in Malta, applying for Passport renewal can apply by taking the application form from any nearest Passport office.
- Citizens of Malta who are staying overseas can apply by taking the application forms from the Maltese Embassy/ Consulate from the country where you are living.
Eligibility for Renewing Maltese Adult Passport:
- Applicant must be a Citizen of Malta
- Applicant must be 18 years or above
- Applicant must hold the Current/Most recent Passport
Process for Renewing Adult Passport:
Step 1: Get a Application form from the nearest Post Office
Step 2: Fill the complete application form with correct details
Step 3: Enclose the documents required
Step 4: Section 8 of the application form must be signed by a recommender
Step 5: Pay the Prescribed Fees by Cash/Credit card/Debit Card/Online Transfer
Step 6: Lodge the completely filled application form along with required documents by post
Step 7: You will get an Acknowledgement on your successful submission of Passport application form
Step 8: Acknowledgement contains your Passport application number
Step 9: By using that Passport application number make an appointment
Step 10: You can confirm your appointment online
Step 11: On the day of Appointment you should provide the Biometric Data
Step 12: Biometric Data consists of Finger prints, Photo & Signature
Step 13: After recording your Personal data & if the photo matches with the required specifications you can collect your Passport after 10 Working Days after the submission of your application form.
To download the Application form FORM A – https://gov.mt/en/Documents/Form%20A%20updated.pdf
- Recommender is one person who confirms you Identity
- Recommender must fill in the details; Sign & Stamp the Section 8 of your Passport application form
- Recommender must know you personally at least from 2 years
Eligibility for a Recommender:
- A public officer not below the Principal grade
- A Professional Person
- A minister of any Religion
To know more details regarding Recommender – https://gov.mt/en/Documents/Form%20A%20updated.pdfSponsored Links
- Passport Application Form : FORM A
- Photo Identification Proof
- Current/Most recent Passport
- 2 Identical & most recent Colour Photo (Not more than 1 month)
- Marriage Certificate (For those who have changed Surname after Marriage)
To know more details on required Documents – https://gov.mt/en/Documents/Form%20A%20updated.pdf
- Passport fees for Adults over 16 years – €80.00
- Passport fees for Minors aged over 10 to 15 years – €40.00
- Passport fees for Children under 10 years – €16.00
- Urgent Passport fees for Adults over 16 years(issued in 4 hours) – €140.00
- Urgent Passport fees for Minors over 10-15 years of age (issued in 4 hours) – €80.00
- Urgent Passport fees for Minors aged below 10 years(issued in 4 hours) – €60.00
To know more details regarding Passport fees– https://gov.mt/en/Documents/Form%20A%20updated.pdfSponsored Links
Application Process Time: On your successful submission of your completely filled application form along with all required documents & photos, in normal cases it will take 10 working days to get your Passport by regular issuance Service. Duration may be extended if the applications are more.