Marriage Certificate is a certified copy which records the Circumstances of the Marriage. Marriage Certificate is an official document which certifies the registration of the Marriage. Marriage Certificate ensures the registration of the Marriage.Sponsored Links
Marriage Certificate Online:
The UK Government has been providing this online facility through official website applying for Marriage Certificate online. Eligible Nationals of UK can apply for Marriage Certificate online from any part of UK. Before getting the Marriage certificate one must register their marriage.
Marriage Registration UK:
All the Marriages in England, Northern Ireland & Wales must be registered within 42 days of the Marriage. Registration of Marriage can be done at local register office of the area where the Marriage took place.Sponsored Links
How to Register Marriage in UK?
The eligible residents of UK can register their Marriage at the nearest register office or at the General Register Office.
Marriage Registration Process in UK:
- Visit the Area Register Office where the Marriage took place along with the details like place and date of Marriage.
- Names, Surnames of the Married Couple.
- Surnames and Names of the parents of Married Couple.
- Date of births of the Married Couple.
- Place of births of the Married Couple.
- Parents Marriage date or Civil Partnership date.
- Married Couple job details.
- Take a Marriage Registration Application form from the register office.
- Go through the Marriage Registration Application before filling.
- Submit the completely filled Marriage Registration Application along with the photocopy of supporting documents.
Check out your nearest Register Office in UK – https://www.gov.uk/register-officesSponsored Links
Supporting Documents required while registering Marriage:
While registering the Marriage one has to take any one of the following supporting documents.
- Driving Licence.
- Address Proof Document.
- Deed Pool.
- Council Tax Bill.
How to get a Marriage Certificate Online in UK?
- Visit the UK government official portal.
- Select Marriage Certificate option from the main menu.
- Order a copy of Marriage window will be displayed.
- Click the start button.
- Marriage Certificate Online window will be displayed.
- Enter your Marriage Certificate number.
- Marriage certificate you are searching for will be displayed.
- Pay the fees to get the Marriage certificate.
- If you are in a hurry you can get the Marriage certificate within one day if you pay a fee of £40
- If you pay £9.25 you can expect your Marriage Certificate within 14 working days.
Apply Marriage Certificate online – https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificate
Order Marriage Certificate copy online – https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificate
Copy of Marriage Certificate online – https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificateSponsored Links
How to Order a Marriage Certificate Copy by Phone?
The residents of UK can order Marriage certificates by phone. They can get the Marriage Certificate copies by ordering them on phone. You need to do is just make a call to the following phone numbers of register office.
Phone Numbers to Order a Marriage Certificate Copy in UK:
Phone Number: 0300 123 1837.
Text: 18001 0300 123 1837.
Monday to Friday: 08:00 AM to 08:00 PM.
Saturday: 09:00 AM to 4:00 PM.Sponsored Links
How to Order a Copy of Marriage Certificate by Post?
You can order a copy of the Marriage certificate by post. To order a copy of Marriage certificate by post one has to fill the GRO Marriage certificate application form and attach the supporting documents and send to the following address.
- Download GRO Marriage Certificate Application Form.
- Or Get a GRO Marriage Certificate Application Form.
- Fill the Application form.
- Attach the supporting documents.
- Send the completely filled Marriage Certificate Application Form to the following address.
Address to send the GRO Marriage Certificate Application Form:
General Post Office,
PO Box 2,
Download the GRO Marriage Certificate Application form –https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/236847/Birth_Sept_2013.pdf
Apply Marriage Certificate in UK by Post –https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/236847/Birth_Sept_2013.pdfSponsored Links
How to Order a Copy of Marriage Certificate from Register Office?
You can order the copy of Marriage certificate even from the register office, for that you have to find your area’s register office.
- Visit your area’s register office or the register office under whom jurisdiction you are living.
- Take a Marriage Certificate Application form.
- Fill the Application form.
- Submit the completely filled Marriage Certificate Application Form.
Download the GRO Marriage Certificate Application form – https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/236847/Birth_Sept_2013.pdf
Apply Marriage Certificate at Register Office – https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/236847/Birth_Sept_2013.pdf
Marriage Records UK:
General Registration Office maintains all the Marriage records of UK and issues the Marriage certificates to all the residents in UK and the residents who have ordered a copy of Marriage certificate. General Registration Office is responsible for all the Marriage registrations in UK and issuing the Marriage certificates.
Marriage Certificate Fees in UK:
- Marriage Certificate Short version – £4.
- Marriage Certificate Full version – £4.
- Marriage Certificate Copy in 1 working day – £9.25.
- Marriage Certificate Copy in 14 working days – £23.40.