Passport is an important document & now the people who have applied for an Australian passport can without any trouble track their passport. All you will require is follow the simple steps mentioned in this article to get to know the procedure for tracking your Australian passport application in a very short time.
With this facility, users may not only track progress of a passport application but also they can upgrade their passport application to priority service by paying some additional charges. However, this facility is not available in the complete process.
Nevertheless, you can contact APIS or the Australian passport information service at – 131 232 for more information on this.Sponsored Links
Things to remember before going ahead with the tracking of the Australian passport
Applicants or users have to remember that the tracking facility can be useful only when they have lodged their application form as the form number will be required to get the details. If you have already mentioned the e – mail address then you will receive an e – mail when the passport is about to be dispatched.
If you personally collect the passport from the passport office then you will get it quickly. But, if it is being sent to the address provided by the applicant then it will take up about a week to receive the passport. There might be a chance that the passport may be delayed as it is forwarded by the registered mail.
If such is a situation then you can very well contact the APIS or the Australian passport information service to report it. When calling up APIS, you should keep the form number ready as well as be prepared to answer a few security questions.
Track an Australian passport application
There are essentially 2 methods to be used to track the passport application. You may select any one of them depending on which category your passport application falls in. Keep scrolling this page for more details.
Case 1 – Application form submitted & PIN received through request PIN facility
- If this is the case then you must enter both the form number & the PIN
- Keep it in mind that the form number has to be entered in the field allotted
- Do not leave any spaces, example – 01234567Z
- The form number can be found on the receipt
- The PIN which is to be entered here has to be the one received through request PIN facility
- It is not the PIN that one receives when they complete the online passport application form
- Once you have both the PIN & the form number, you can click on the link mentioned here to be directed to the official site – https://ppol.passports.gov.au/Web/Appl/ApplPINAuthentication.aspx
- On the page enter first the form number followed by PIN
- Next click on Login
Case 2 – Forgotten PIN or submitted application & did not receive the PIN
- In the 2nd case, wherein user does not have either the PIN or forgotten the PIN, user may click on the following link to be directed to the official site – https://ppol.passports.gov.au/Web/Appl/ApplAuthentication.aspx
- Here enter the Australian passport application form number without any spaces, example – 01234567Z
- This number will be printed on the receipt
- After entering the form number in the given field enter next
Thus, this is how you can get to know what exactly the status of your Australian passport application is.Sponsored Links